Family Medicine Coeur d’Alene, P.A. is dedicated to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information. In conducting our business, we will create records regarding you and the treatment and services we provide to you. We are required by law to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and the privacy practices that we maintain in our practice concerning your PHI. You will receive a complete and detailed copy of our Notice of Privacy Information Practices at your first appointment.
Privacy Practices will be followed by:
- Any health care professional authorized to enter information into your medial record created and/or maintained at our clinic;
- All employees, students, residents, and other service providers who have access to your health information at our clinic; and
- Any member of a volunteer group, which is allowed to help you while receiving services at our clinic.
The individuals identified above will share your health information with each other for purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations, as further described in the Notice.
Disclosures of health information may be necessary for treatment, payment, and health care operations. Each of these purposes are outlined in detail in your copy of the Notice of Privacy Information.
Your rights regarding your health information:
- Right to Inspect and Copy
- Right to Amend
- Right to Accounting of Disclosures
- Right to Request Restrictions
- Right to Request Confidential Communications
- Right to a Paper Copy of this Notice
Please know that our physicians and clinic staff have all the best intentions and take particular care in keeping your personal health information confidential.